Google recommends that businesses should “interact with customers by responding to reviews that they leave about your business. Responding to reviews shows that you value your customers and the feedback that they leave about your business.” Not only does responding to Google reviews build trust with your customers, but it also boosts your local search engine optimization. Since you already know how to technically respond to Google Reviews, here are the best practices for responding to both the positive and negative Google My Business reviews!
How to Respond to Positive Reviews
By responding to positive reviews on Google, your responses will help reinforce your business’s reputation. It will also enable you to develop loyal customer relationships and even provide the opportunity to show who you are as a brand. Here are tips on how to respond to positive reviews:
- Respond quickly
- Express gratitude
- Be specific
- Reinforce the positive
- Keep it short and sweet
An example of a positive response would be:
How to Respond to Negative Reviews
It is important to also respond to negative reviews as it shows that you are willing to address any issues and you are committed to customer satisfaction. Here are ways to respond to a negative review:
- Be transparent about mistakes
- Show humility and appreciation
- Apologize and empathize
- Offer a solution
- Invite them to a conversation offline
An example of a negative response would be:
How to Maximize SEO with your Responses
- Create a Review Responding Strategy
- Use phrases optimized for your industry in your response. For example, if you are a pizza place, say “We pride ourselves on being the best pizza place in Detroit and are glad you enjoyed our food!”
- Repeat the positives customers reference in their review but in your own words.
- Use questions people may be searching for in your response. For example, if you are a dry cleaner, say “Many of our customers wonder what type of chemicals do dry cleaners use? We only use organic, eco-friendly cleaning solutions. They smell great and I’m glad you noticed!”
Overall, it is important to respond to Google reviews and know how to approach a positive or negative review from a customer. By utilizing these practices for responding to Google reviews, you gain an online presence with your business as well as a good reputation. Be mindful and respond to reviews promptly!